How to Clean an Air Filter on a KTM Motorcycle
- 1). Remove the seat mounting bolts on both sides of the motorcycle. Then remove the seat by sliding it back and pulling it up.
- 2). Pull the top off the air filter box and unscrew the air filter mounting wing nut. Set the wing nut in a safe place
- 3). Pull the air filter out of the motorcycle and pull the foam filter away from the plastic assembly.
- 4). Dip the air filter in the bucket of hot, soapy water. Squeeze and wash the filter out thoroughly.
- 5). Rinse the filter using a garden hose and let the filter dry for 20 to 30 minutes before continuing.
- 6). Spread a good amount of air filter oil over the filter, squeezing and twisting the filter to spread the oil around as evenly as possible.
- 7). Place the plastic assembly back inside the foam filter. Then place the filter back into the motorcycle and replace the mounting nut.
- 8). Place the seat back on the motorcycle and secure it with the its two side bolts.