How to Access FTP Client Hosting in GoDaddy
- 1). Open your Internet Explorer browser.
- 2). Type your domain name into the browser's address bar, using the following format: "ftp://www.yourdomainname.com."
- 3). Press "Enter" on your keyboard.
- 4). Enter your GoDaddy FTP username and password. Click "Login." If you don't remember your FTP username and password, log into the GoDaddy Account Manager portal and reset it (see Resources).
- 1). Open an FTP client on your computer. If you don't have an FTP program on your computer, download and install a free FTP program, such as AceFTP, FileZilla, CuteFTP or CoffeeCup.
- 2). Enter your domain name into the "Host Name" field (www.yourdomain.com).
- 3). Enter your FTP username and password in the designated boxes. Click "Login." You may be asked to enter an "FTP Connection Port." If so, enter "21" for the port number.
- 4). Click on the files for uploading and drag them to the FTP server side of the screen.